You are here

FAQs - English

Q: How can I have my probation/supervised release terminated early?
Q: I have a family member/friend who is scheduled to be released from prison. They were convicted in federal court in another district or state but want to reside in the District of Arizona. How can his/her case be transferred?
Q: If I am convicted of a Federal crime, can I or a family member own or possess a firearm?
Q: How do I have my conviction expunged?
Q: If I am convicted of a felony in Federal court, can I vote?
Q: Where can I find the probation office mailing address?
Q: What is the presentence investigation phase of a case?
Q: What is supervision?
Q: Where can I find information about the district court’s judges and magistrate judges?
Q: I have been found guilty in Federal Court, what happens next?
Q: I am an employer and I want to know if a prospective employee has been convicted of a crime, can you run a background check?
Q: How do I get a certified copy of a document?
Q: I have a friend/family member who is in prison. How do I find out where he is being held?
Q: What are the standard conditions of probation the court must impose?
Q: I am on probation/supervised release. Am I allowed to leave the state?
Q: I have been released from federal prison, how soon do I have to report for supervision?
Q: I know of a family member who is on Federal probation/supervised release, can you tell me what crime they committed?
Q: I am owed court-ordered restitution, who do I contact to get my money?
Q: I owe restitution for my crime. Who do I pay?
Q: I was ordered by the Court to surrender my passport. When will my passport be returned to me?
Q: I have an urgent issue and my officer is not available. What should I do?
Q: What is the difference between probation, parole, and supervised release?
Q: What type of identification do I need when reporting to the probation office?
Q: Must I submit to urinalysis even though my offense is not drug-related?
Q: Will my probation officer come to my home or workplace?
Q: Will I be required to submit a monthly written report to my probation officer?
Q: I was just released from federal prison or placed on federal probation, what office should I report to?
Q: How do I restore my civil rights?
Q: What is the telephone number for the State and/or County probation office?
Q: I have completed my term of supervised release or probation can I own or possess a firearm?
Q: Where is a defendant held in custody if there is a violation of supervision conditions in the District of Arizona?